Can you believe it is OCTOBER?! Wow, the months are flying by. Today is our third week of the IN LOVE series and this topic is something I am very familiar with. Check out the things that I love about road trips over at artsocial.
Sooo guess what I'm doing this week... if you said going on a road trip, you are correct sir. After attending a fab wedding last Saturday in Albuquerque, my boyfriend and I are goin' on a little road trip through different parts of New Mexico... that's the plan anyway. In honor of this grand adventure, I thought I'd share all of my faaaavorite road trip stuff with you.
1. Friends, laughs, cruisin' along with the radio bumpin', road trips are F-U-N... unless you're in a horror movie.
2. The open road. There's something so calming about taking long drives. I love looking out at the scenery, contemplating the journey ahead, and letting go of the day-to-day... it's as if just because I'm going somewhere, I'll be learning something. That's exciting.
3. You can't have a road trip without awesome tasty beverages to drink along the way! Gotta stay hydrated... might as well indulge in a green tea frappuccino, yes?
4. Speaking of indulging, road trips are always a great excuse to eat allll of the things I normally never eat. Fries? Fried chicken sandwiches? Well there's nothing else to eat out here, I have to eat fast food.
5. I don't know what it is, but I LOVE staying at hotels - especially if they have a pool. I don't even get in the pool necessarily - in fact, I rarely do. I don't want to do my hair again, ya feel me? Just knowing there's a wonderful, glistening pool that I can use at anytime makes me feel very abundant. Weird, I know.
6. One of my favorite parts of road tripping is stopping at random diners. I think it's because it reminds me of being in a movie... important scenes always seem to take place in diners. There will be a confrontation or an awakening or some crazy plot twist... plus there's pie.
7. Hands down the best part of the road trip: the adventure. Not knowing what you'll see, where you'll eat, who you'll come across? Now that's the good stuff.
What do youuu love about road trips?
Are you looking for more of the IN LOVE series? Check out our collaborative Pinterest board where we pin all our inspiration, maybe you can even guess what the next week's theme is! And don't forget to follow Erin on Twitter + Facebook + Pinterest + Instagram