Over the past few weeks I have been daydreaming about summer. If I could, I would skip right over spring and jump straight into summer. I'm a Long Island girl at heart, and summer is my favorite time of year. I'm so inspired by the colors, scents, landscapes, and food that summer brings. Here's 5 things I'm looking forward to this summer.
1. I can't wait to hit up our local farmer's market. They are still open throughout the winter but there's just something about smelling the fresh produce, and feeling the warm summer sun on your skin as you sift through the fruits and veggies.
2. Picnics. I shouldn't have to explain how awesome picnics are. I'm dubbing this summer the summer of picnics. I want to take as many as possible. We even have a picnic kit.
3. I grew up on the water and every summer we would go crabbing. While Syracuse isn't the place to go crabbing I want to carry this feeling throughout by trying new things, and keeping the mentality of having fun.
4. Summer isn't summer for me without me tasting some glorious seafood. If I could live off of seafood for the rest of my life I would.
5. I'm determined to see the ocean this summer. I need to put my toes in the sand, and feel the waves on my legs. It's the most therapeutic thing in the world.
What are your favorite things about summer?